Cocktail of the Month
Spicy Vodka Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 medium garlic cloves (we use the minced kind you get in a jar)
- 4 medium shallots (cut in half then sliced)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 fresh oregano sprigs (found in any store, usually in a small package)
- 2 small dried red chiles, crumbled or crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups Nightside Vodka for the pasta
- 3ish lbs of grape tomatoes
- 1 lb of just about any pasta (Yes college students. Even macaroni)
- 1.5 ounces of Nightside Vodka to go in a separate glass with soda water, squeeze of lime, and ice. This will be consumed during meal preparation!
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallots, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown. Add the oregano and chiles (or crushed red pepper or something else spicy) and cook for about 1 minute.
Remove pan from the heat and slowly add the vodka (we don’t want to start a fire here), scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and stir. Return pan to the stove, reduce heat to medium, and add the tomatoes. Yes, you will be adding them whole. Cook until the tomatoes begin to collapse, which should take about 40 minutes. Break up some of the tomatoes with the back of a spoon, but make sure you leave some whole. It’s all about presentation! Remove the sauce from the heat and discard the oregano sprigs.
While that is cooling, bring a large pot of water to a boil, adding salt if you wish, and cook the pasta as the instructions instruct. Drain the pasta, but keep 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss it with the tomato sauce and that ½ cup of cooking water until the pasta is coated. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired, serve, and enjoy. Bragging is optional, but I do see you need another drink! Cheers.
Tall glass full of ice
2 oz. Lemon Drop
Fill with Iced Tea
Garnish with lemon and mint
1 1/2 oz. Lemon Drop
1 oz. Triple Sec
Shake then add a splash of soda water
Lemon Basil Mojito
Sprig of basil
Sprig of mint
1 tsp raw sugar or honey
1 1/2 oz. Lemon Drop
Muddle basil/mint/sugar or honey
Add Lemon Drop
Fill with ice
Top with soda and stir