Tom Greene, Founder:
Coming up with a name was the hard part. I knew it needed to represent the business well and convey my outlook on it. I chose “Nightside” because for years I worked nights on the docks, and thats what we called it. The Nightside workers are a different breed. Things just get done! They get done well, with pride, under any circumstance, efficiently, and with a lot of fun and camaraderie.
After years of cooking and blending I developed what I believe to be the best Apple Pie possible, but something was missing, A quality spirit to blend with to create it. So I started a distillery. Letting my passion to create a truly world class spirit drive me, and utilizing the support the community as well as help from other distillers in the industry. I started possibly the smallest scale/lowest budget distillery imaginable. A 15 gallon Boka still and 440' sq got me started.
Time went on and I developed a program to make a nationally ranked Gold medal Vodka. Knowing that I wanted to upscale and introduce more products, but would have to quit my day job to spend enough time growing the business I decided to start keeping an eye out for viable “hands-on” partners.
In 2014, the Bunk's, Cathey's, and Wortman's bought in as equal working partners. In the short time we have been together, we have released four flavored vodkas (Apple Pie, Lemon Drop, Fruit Punch and Espresso), Distiller's Cut Vodka, Whodka, Gin, Aquavit and Bourbon.
Stop by the distillery for a tour and samples! We know you will fall in love with our products just as much as we love making them!
Where to find us:
- Total Wine - All of Washington
- Beyond the Bottle - Puyallup, WA
- Wine World & Spirits - Seattle, WA
- Bob's Liquors - Seattle, WA
- Spirit Hub - Illinois
- Coming soon to Oregon and California
- Rock the Dock - Tacoma, WA
- The Mantel - Bonney Lake, WA
- The Mill, Milton, WA
- Bourbon Street Bar and Grill - Puyallup, WA
- Big Whisky - Puyallup, WA
- Johnny's Bistro - Tacoma, WA
- The Right Spot - Fife, WA
- The Eleven Eleven - Tacoma, WA
- The Valley - Tacoma, WA
- Delia's Oakland Lounge - Tacoma, WA
- Hanks Tavern - Tacoma, WA
- Amber - Seattle, WA
- Bruchelle's Bagel Bistro - Covington, WA
- Scoreboard Pub - Federal Way, WA