Tom Greene, Founder:
Coming up with a name was the hard part. I knew it needed to represent the business well and convey my outlook on it. I chose “Nightside” because for years I worked nights on the docks and that's what we called it. Nightside workers are a different breed that get things get done! They do it well, with pride, under any circumstance, and with fun and camaraderie.
After years of cooking and blending, I developed what I believe to be the best Apple Pie possible, but something was missing - a quality spirit to blend it with so I started a distillery. Letting my passion to create a world class spirit drive me, and utilizing the support the community as well as help from other distillers in the industry, I started possibly the smallest scale/lowest budget distillery imaginable. A 15-gallon Boka still and 440' sq. ft. got me started.
As time went on, I developed a program to make a nationally ranked Gold Medal Vodka. Wanting to grow and introduce more products, but needing to keep my day job, I decided to start the search for viable “hands-on” partners.
In 2014, the Bunk's, Cathey's, and Wortman's bought in as equal working partners. In 2019, the Nichols' came on board to replace the Cathey's. There are seven partners now and we have created 12 delicious products. Products range from Vodka to Gin to Whiskey and Aquavit. Every December, we release our infamous Bourbon Cream Liqueur - you don't want to miss this!
In 2020, we expanded our operation by opening a new and improved tasting room to allow our customers stop by, sit down and enjoy a cocktail and conversation. Come visit us for a tour and samples! We know you will fall in love with our products just as much as we love making them!
Where to find us:
- Total Wine - All of Washington
- Beyond the Bottle - Puyallup, WA
- Wine World & Spirits - Seattle, WA
- Bob's Liquors - Seattle, WA
- Spirit Hub - Illinois, Nebraska, North Dakota, New Hampshire
- Coming soon to Oregon and California
- Rock the Dock - Tacoma, WA
- The Mantel - Bonney Lake, WA
- The Mill, Milton, WA
- Bourbon Street Bar and Grill - Puyallup, WA
- Big Whisky - Puyallup, WA
- Johnny's Bistro - Tacoma, WA
- The Right Spot - Fife, WA
- The Eleven Eleven - Tacoma, WA
- The Valley - Tacoma, WA
- Delia's Oakland Lounge - Tacoma, WA
- Hanks Tavern - Tacoma, WA
- Amber - Seattle, WA
- Bruchelle's Bagel Bistro - Covington, WA
- Scoreboard Pub - Federal Way, WA